Saturday, May 5, 2012

Stacking the Shelves—1

STSmall_thumb[2]

Yay, it's my first one! I just decided to take part in this and what the heck? Let's hope for the best! The reason I started it this week was because you need to see the books I got. This week was sort of a "turning point" for me and I hope I can get more weeks at least half as good as this one. :) Just click the covers for the information. :)

NetGalley
  Shadowfell (Shadowfell Trilogy, #1)  Tempest Unleashed (Tempest #2)
Rapture (Fallen, #4)  Flirting in Italian  Unbreak My Heart

Okay, so THAT'S what I got from NetGalley. I know, a lot. A lot, a lot. I've read two of the books so far, and I'm on Rapture right now, and the've all been really good. :)

Given For Review
Any Love But Mine  Of Poseidon  The Journeys of John and Julia in Chapter One: Genesis
Tess, Terrorists and the Tiara

Ugh. I hate that little white border around my pictures. Does anyone know how to get rid of them because it's somehow inputed into my blog design to always do that. -.- So if anybody can be of assistance, I'd love that. Anyway, thank you to the author for the titles, except for Of Poseidon. I have Trish from YA Bound to thank for that. :) You can read my review of Any Love But Mine tomorrow, on Sunday, and Of Poseidon's review will go up later, and I'm not sure about reading that last one. I sort of accidentally got it approved on NetGalley because, technically, I was tricked. So I might read it, but I doubt it. And I still have to read Tess, the Terrorists, and the Tiara.

Bought
Insurgent (Divergent, #2)

This book is so good, I read it already, but I'm thinking of re-reading it after I'm done with this massive pile of books. :P Thank you, Dad, for buying me this book, and thank you coworker, for somehow convincing him.
Borrowed
Rumors (Luxe, #2)  The Future of Us  Twenty Boy Summer
You Against Me

So, that's my library haul. Last time, my dad only let me get two books until I finished my biography, and I'm still not done with that (I have to finish it as soon as possible because it's KILLING ME!!). But thank God my brother lost his comic book and we had to go the library to report it or else I would've never gotten these books.

Given as A Gift
Okay, my new Big Blogging Sister, Nereyda from Mostly YA Book Obsessed, who is really the nicest person ever and she has an awesome blog, she sent me a bunch of her books to loan, and since there are lots and lots, I'm just gonna list them with a link. And oh my God it's going to take a while. So I'm just going to list the ones I'm most excited to read that she sent me. :)
I want to give Nereyda a HUUUGEE huge for being so nice and an awesome big blogging sister, and I'm probably going to be that little sister that always is such a really big bother and a pest. ;) And I hope you all have an awesome week and tell me what you got! What did you think of my first Stacking the Shelves? :)

Don't forget to check out my Seven Month Blogging giveaway! It ends in NINE days!

33 comments :

  1. WOW Lots of great books this week! I still need to get Insurgent! I also have Velveteen and Of Poseidon that I still need to read!

    My Stack

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what an awesome collection this week!! Enjoy them all!!

    http://lovesbooksreviews.blogspot.com/2012/05/stacking-shelves-43.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing haul! I'm still waiting for my copy of Insurgent but I'm really looking forward to reading it :) And yay for Flirting in Italian as well!

    My Showcase Sunday post

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in love with the cover for Unbreak My Heart! I love the pink in it :) I hope you enjoy your reads this week! Happy STS, and I'm a new follower as well!

    I would love it if you could check out my STS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, you're so sweet!
    Awesome books this week! Welcome to NetGalley, you're gonna be hooked like the rest of us!
    Old follower:)
    Glad to be you big blogging sister!

    Nereyda @Mostly YA Book Obsessed
    http://BooksandSparkles.Blogpot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just got The Journeys of John and Julia. Can't wait to read your thoughts!

    Mirely @ Rumor Has It

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow that is a mighty haul! Can't wait to see what you say about some of theme!

    As for your image border problem, I can help with that.
    Dashboard > Template > Customize > Advanced > Images
    There should be only two options to customize; set BOTH Background Color and Border Color to transparent.

    That should fix the problem. Hope it helps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Impressive haul! I really want to read Velveteen, sadly, i wasn't approved on Netgalley! I'm also looking forward to the review of Of Poseidon!
    Thanks for sharing and supporting STS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I only read velveteen but I hope you'll enjoy all your new books and Happy reading!

    here is mine

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet blogging friend "sis"!!
    Love NG, Enjoy!

    My Stacking The Shelves
    http://pnrurbanfantasyreviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Future of Us is ssssssssssoooooooo GOOD!
    Thanks for stopping by my WTF Mailbox this week!
    WTF Are You Reading?: WTF's In My Mailbox #2

    ReplyDelete
  12. Far too many pretty covers here, definitely want to get my hands on Poseidon

    Lauren @ Northern Plunder
    http://www.northernplunder.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/06052012-bought-borrowed-and-bagged-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. *bursts into song* Unbreaaak my heaaaaaart! Uncryyy theeese teaaaaaars! *cough* I want that one, too! XD

    Patricia // My Week

    ReplyDelete
  14. You got so much great stuff!

    I loved the Beginning of After and You Against Me! And we got some of the same NetGalleys :)

    I actually like the border around the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think everyone got Insurgent this week, but mine was signed. Great haul of books.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow you got a ton of great books this week! I also got Insurgent (as did everyone else =). You Against Me is a really great contempt read by the way. I love Jenny Downham's writing so I hope you enjoy that book!

    Kristan @ Lost Amongst the Shelves: STS

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love Luxe series! I have Velveteen and Shadowfell too!

    Talk Supe BB&B

    ReplyDelete
  18. Can't wait to read your review on Velveteen. So many great books enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really want to get my hands on The Future of Us and Of Posieden looks super good. Can't wait to read your review Eileen :) Great haul!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have heard so many good things about Insurgent. It's going to have to go on my wishlist. Very impressive haul.
    Thanks for stopping by my Stacks!
    http://www.readingreality.net/2012/05/stacking-the-shelves-1/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nice haul! Some of those titles I haven't heard of but now I'm going to go look them up. Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really want to read Of Poseidon! Awesome Haul! Can't wait to hear your thoughts!

    New Follower! :)

    Visit My STS Post!

    ReplyDelete
  23. So many good books this week! A lot of them are ones I want to read.

    Abbey Ann
    http://abbeyannsbookland.blogspot.com/2012/05/stacking-shelves-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  24. Goodness gracious, that's a great haul. Hope you enjoy! Thanks for visiting me. Happy Reading.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great stack of books this week! And thanks for stopping by my post.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fantastic books! I really enjoyed the Luxe series.. hope you like Rumors :)
    I bought Twenty Boy Summer on my kobo AGES ago and haven't had a chance to start it yet ... love the cover tho :)

    Happy reading!

    Michele | Stacking the Shelves | Paris Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  27. oh! And are the white borders around your pictures only around the ones that are linked? Because in the HTML, you could just do a border=0 or something within the link html (does that make sense? lol)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Eileen! I see you are reading Rumors-- that is one of my FAVE YA series ever! I hope you're enjoying it too ;) Awesome book haul this week!

    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog to see me this weekend ;)

    Love from,

    Lea @ LC's Adventures in Libraryland

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great haul! I loved Insurgent too! A great sequel. I'm also really looking forward to reading Flirting in Italian! It looks really cute!

    Happy reading!

    My Stacking the Shelves Post!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Awesome haul this week! You will have a busy but totally awesome weeks of reading ahead :) Happy reading!


    MaryAnn
    Chapter by Chapter

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow!!! LOADS of AMAZING books!!! Lucky you!
    Well done on getting approved for all those NetGalley books!
    By the way, You Against Me and Hunting Lila are both really great; I hope you like them :D
    You have lots of good books to get stuck into - enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. I really enjoyed Daimon and Half-Blood by J.L. Armentrout. Alex was a captivating and kick-butt protagonist. I really need to get around to reading Pure. Great haul you have there. Happy reading! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  33. Awesome haul! I'm reading Insurgent now and it rocks! I'm excited to read Velveteen too it sounds great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for deciding to comment! I'll definitely remember to stop by your lovely blog later.

I do not accept awards or tags. Unfortunately, I don't have the time to pass them on as they rightfully deserve but thank you so much for considering my blog.

Anonymous comments or comments done by anybody without some type of account accepted on Blogger interfaces will not be allowed. This is to prevent the amount of spam I've been receiving recently. Sorry for the inconvenience!