Thursday, May 24, 2012

Follow Friday—28

Rules
  • To join the fun and make new book blogger friends, just follow these simple rules:
  • (Required) Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Hosts {Parajunkee and Alison Can Read}
  • (Required) Follow our Featured Bloggers
  • Put your Blog name and URL in the Linky thing. You can also grab the code if you would like to insert it into your posts.
  • Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say “hi” in your comments and that they are now following you.
  • Follow Follow Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don’t just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don’t say “HI”
If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love…and the followers.
Question:
Activity—Dream cast your current book!

Answer:
Well, I've been in a reading slump lately (I know, disheartening) but somebody recommended that I try Hemlock because it should zap me right out of it. Well, I'm sort of only 5% of the way through and don't know half of what's going on because I really hate when publishers just assume that you'll read the book summary, never mind when you have the eBook version of it. I mean, come on. I'm not going to log into Goodreads and read the summary, because that's what happens so many times and it's accounting for my reading slump! It's your fault, publishers! *Sticks tongue out* ;) You know I'm just kidding. I just get slightly annoyed. So, I'm just going to stop here and make it into a full-fledged rant later on.

Anyway, I don't really  have a dream cast for Hemlock, but I'm reading 3 other books, including City of Lost Souls, which so far has been really hard to read, but will be really fun to cast!


For Clary:
Molly Quinn
Molly Quinn

She's a redhead, like Clary, and she's older than Clary probably is, but she definitely looks like a PERFECT Clary!
For Jace:
Alex Pettyfer
Alex Pettyfer
He looks just like the part, right? He's probably not as talkative as Jace would be, but he looks the part, definitely.
For Simon:
Josh Hutcherson
Josh Hutcherson
I think he would be a really great Simon because of the fact that he was a great Peeta and was really good at playing a sweet guy like I think Simon is, but he's not afraid to be strong

For Alec:
Adam Gregory
Adam Gregory

For some reason, I thought he would fit because he has the look and then he's played a few serious roles.

For Izzy:
Selena Gomez

I love Selena Gomez. She's so pretty and I have that feeling that she would do great if she ever broke out of her Disney shell and played as Izzy.

For Magnus:
Image Detail
Bam Margera

I haven't really seen his acting, but he looks like he could pull of a Magnus and he's played in lots of comedies, which counts for something.

Tell me what you think! I'll be looking forward to your Follow Fridays!



Recap of Last Week:
Friday, May 18: Of Poseidon by Anna Banks
Saturday, May 19: Stacking the Shelves
Saturday, May 19: Tutorial—Resizing Images and Customizing Fonts
Sunday, May 20: Bloodrose by Andrea Cremer
Monday, May 21: Chasing McCree by JC Isabella Tour Stop
Tuesday, May 22: Grenade by Bruno Mars
Wednesday, May 23: Glimmer by Phoebe Kitanidis
Thursday, May 24: Enchanted Cover by Me!

26 comments :

  1. I love your cast for City of Lost Souls! I haven't had a chance to read it yet. It's waiting on my kindle for me. I'm not sure Selena Gomez is saucy enough for Izzy though. But her look and hair are what I picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I'm not doing FF this week, but I had to comment on this...

    Alex Pettyfer!!!!! YES!! He's the ONLY person I can picture as Jace. Forget what's his name who they cast. It's all Alex for me.

    Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I picked the Alex Pettyfer for Jace too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read any of the Cassandra Claire books but I do love me some Bam Margera! Thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read any of the Cassandra Clare books, but I cast Molly Quinn in my head any time any book mentions a redheaded heroine :-)

    Also, I went to high school with Bam Margera. Random trivia (I didn't know him).

    Old follower!

    Here's my FF post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE me some Cassandra Claire! Not to mention; you cast Selena. This wins. Hands down.
    Thanks for sharing! :)

    - New follower (:

    See my FF Here
    Tabby @Insightful Minds & IM Design Studio

    ReplyDelete
  7. I see Alex all over for Jace. I haven't read these books yet. Old Follower
    MY FF

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think that's a GREAT cast!
    Hemlock is really good (IMO) and your not suppose to know what's going on, it's like a mystery, you gotta figure it out! I didn't read the description and I loved it! Not that you have to love it or anything (we all have different tastes) but try to sit back and enjoy the mystery of it all. Trust me, all will be revealed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great choices! I'm looking forward to starting this series! Old follower. My Follow

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow your cast is like DEAD ON! Great choices!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Adam Gregory he has the most beautiful eyes ...yes ... i know i sound like a fan girl but its true. Want to see my answer click on my name.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi! Great casting, love your picks! My feature follow is here

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, I haven't read this book, but from your recommendations I would watch the movie :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hopping through. I'm hoping to start Hemlock soon. Molly is so pretty. I love Adam's eyes.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ha! I love Bam for Magnus! That's great! Here's My Hop
    Happy FF!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loving post and Happy Feature and Follow. New Follower. My Hop: http://nrcbooks.blogspot.com/2012/05/follow-me-friday-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. It was hard casting the characters this week but you picked really well!!

    My FF, http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com.au/2012/05/feature-follow-friday-25th-may.html

    Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Everyone is doing casts on this series! I really need to get started on it. Esp since it's Buy 3 get the 4th free at my bookstore! Looks like an awesome pick of cast (:

    - Kim
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ah yes, Alex Pettyfer as Jace! I've only read the first two books of Mortal Instruments, but I've always imagined him as Jace. :D

    Have a great weekend!
    Pam | jelly loves books

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Eileen - I'm a new follower (via GFC) OMG Alex Pettyfer is beautiful!! *fans self* :)
    Alexia
    My FF Post

    ReplyDelete
  21. Old follower hopping by :) Many people have chosen Alex for Jace today. He's charismatic, that's for sure.
    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I still haven't read this series...I don't know what's wrong with me. But, I adore Adam Gregory, Josh Hutcherson, and Alex Pettyfer...so pretty! I think you did a great job!

    Old follower.

    Jennifer @ Feminist Fairy Tale Reviews
    http://feministfairytalereviews.blogspot.com/2012/05/follow-friday-27-and-tgif-16.html

    ReplyDelete
  23. I really need to read these books. Love that you cast Bam Margera!

    New GFC follower. :)
    My FF.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great casting, a nice looking cast.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/05/feature-follow_25.html

    ReplyDelete
  25. Awesome cast!! Alex Pettyfer is PERFECT for Jace. I think everyone else seems to think so too :)

    My Friday Hops

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love Bam for Magnus! Lovin your whole cast actually! New Follower here!

    VanesMate @ Paranormal Itch Reviews

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for deciding to comment! I'll definitely remember to stop by your lovely blog later.

I do not accept awards or tags. Unfortunately, I don't have the time to pass them on as they rightfully deserve but thank you so much for considering my blog.

Anonymous comments or comments done by anybody without some type of account accepted on Blogger interfaces will not be allowed. This is to prevent the amount of spam I've been receiving recently. Sorry for the inconvenience!