Monday, March 5, 2012

Tundra 37 by Aubrie Dionne

Tundra 37 (a New Dawn, #2)

Author: Aubrie Dionne
Publishing Company: Entangled Publishing
Genre: Science Fiction, Romance
Pages: 288
Source/Format: Given for review/eBook
Rating: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Summary
Gemme is a hi-tech matchmaker who pairs the next generation of Lifers aboard the Expedition, a deep space transport vessel destined for Paradise 18. When the identity of her lifemate pops up on her screen, she’s shocked that he’s the achingly gorgeous and highly sought after Lieutenant Miles Brentwood—a man oblivious to her existence. Believing everyone will think she contrived the match, she erases it from the computer’s memory.

Just as comets pummel the ship and destroy the pairing system forever.

With the Expedition disabled, the colonists must crash land on the barren ice world of Tundra 37 where Gemme is reassigned to an exploratory mission, led by Lieutenant Brentwood. Only in the frozen tundra does she understand the shape of his heart and why the computer has entwined their destinies.

Review
I got this book for an honest review, and I'm really starting to hate myself for accepting a lot of the requests I get out there and recently I just got literally an onslaught of review and tour stop requests. (Seriously? I love whoever thinks of my blog and likes it enough to want me to review their book, but it's overwhelming.) I usually think that a certain book will end up being interesting, and then I usually don't like it as much as if I'd chosen it myself.

I really liked Gemme at first, and how I was brought straight into the action of the book when a comet hits the ship. As everything went on, I slowly got more and more drawn into the book, and I loved the romance and the action that happened on Tundra 37 that progressed during the entire thing. Two other really important characters, Vira and Mestasis, were shown in their POV, but I didn't find those as enjoyable because I thought they weren't too important to the end.

I found myself skipping these chapters, but in the end, I turned around and I reread them and enjoyed them. I really reread them because they were important to understanding this big confrontation at the end, and it's a good thing that Aubrie didn't just include their POVs because she wanted to. I really liked the overall concept, and I really liked the romance between Brentwood and Gemme, but the chapters concerning Mestasis and Vira were a little iffy to me.

I thought Gemme was a really strong character. Another character as a part of her expedition on Tundra 37, Luna, wanted Brentwood to herself, and through Luna's constant blackmailing and flaunting, she still stayed strong and she even helped Luna after she was caught in a bad situation, Luna witnessed it, and instead of helping Gemme, Luna ran away, but instead got herself caught as well. Gemme still helped Luna and I thought that was extremely courageous and noble of her.

1 comment :

Thanks so much for deciding to comment! I'll definitely remember to stop by your lovely blog later.

I do not accept awards or tags. Unfortunately, I don't have the time to pass them on as they rightfully deserve but thank you so much for considering my blog.

Anonymous comments or comments done by anybody without some type of account accepted on Blogger interfaces will not be allowed. This is to prevent the amount of spam I've been receiving recently. Sorry for the inconvenience!