Thursday, March 22, 2012

Just a Kiss by Lady Antebellum




Song: Just a Kiss
Artist: Lady Antebellum
Record Label: Capitol Records
Genre: Country
Rating: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Lyrics
Lyin' here with you so close to me
It's hard to fight these feelings when it feels so hard to breathe
I'm caught up in this moment, caught up in your smile

I've never opened up to anyone
So hard to hold back when I'm holding you in my arms
We don't need to rush this, let's just take it slow

Just a kiss on your lips in the moonlight
Just a touch of the fire burning so bright
And I don't want to mess this thing up
No, I don't want to push too far

Just a shot in the dark that you just might
Be the one I've been waiting for my whole life
So baby, I'm alright with just a kiss goodnight

I know that if we give this a little time
It'll only bring us closer to the love we wanna find
It's never felt so real, no, it's never felt so right

Just a kiss on your lips in the moonlight
Just a touch of the fire burning so bright
No, I don't want to mess this thing up
I don't want to push too far

Just a shot in the dark that you just might
Be the one I've been waiting for my whole life
So baby, I'm alright with just a kiss goodnight

No, I don't want to say goodnight
I know it's time to leave
But you'll be in my dreams
Tonight, tonight, tonight

Just a kiss on your lips in the moonlight
Just a touch of the fire burning so bright
And I don't want to mess this thing up
I don't want to push too far

Just a shot in the dark that you just might
Be the one I've been waiting for my whole life
So baby, I'm alright

Oh, let's do this right with just a kiss goodnight
With a kiss goodnight, kiss goodnight


Review
Even though you could call me a country girl, I sometimes hate songs where the artist sings with this really fake Texan twang and it's hard to really get into the music. I don't mind a little, but it definitely gets in my nerve when it's taken onto extremes. This song really changed my perspective on country music because now I know that a country song can be beautifully written and wonderfully performed with a little bit of that accent in there without bothering me too much.

Another thing I loved about this song was the fluidity of it all and how lyrical it is. I heard this one, just once, n the radio, and I didn't even hear it all. I just heard the chorus, but it was all it took for me to fall in love with this song and Google it when I got home so I could learn the title and listen to it endlessly on YouTube. This song has gotten a lot of buzz, not just from country lovers or me, but all over the world. It was played just a few days ago on the Switched at Birth season finale, during the slow dance. I, of course, having had it stuck in my head for infinite amounts of time, started singing along.

The thing I loved out about this song, above all else, is the simple message that it wants to convey, a basic love song, but it's just written in the best way possible and so well sung. And the music video continues the whole theme, of having a simple idea, turned around into a great music video with a lot of meaning to it. I almost didn't get the whole message to the music video until the very end, and after I had read some of the comments by some more intellectual people.

2 comments :

  1. I'm not big on country in general, but I do like songs like this that aren't so twangy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. (Psst! Also, I've just tagged you in the Lucky 7 meme, here. It's a fun way to share a bit of you WIP.)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for deciding to comment! I'll definitely remember to stop by your lovely blog later.

I do not accept awards or tags. Unfortunately, I don't have the time to pass them on as they rightfully deserve but thank you so much for considering my blog.

Anonymous comments or comments done by anybody without some type of account accepted on Blogger interfaces will not be allowed. This is to prevent the amount of spam I've been receiving recently. Sorry for the inconvenience!