Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Jane by April Lindner


Author: April Lindner
Publishing Company: Poppy
Genre: Young Adult, Contemporary, Romance
Pages: 373
Source/Format: Gifted/eBook
Rating: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Summary
Forced to drop out of an esteemed East Coast college after the sudden death of her parents, Jane Moore takes a nanny job at Thornfield Park, the estate of Nico Rathburn, a world-famous rock star on the brink of a huge comeback. Practical and independent, Jane reluctantly becomes entranced by her magnetic and brooding employer and finds herself in the midst of a forbidden romance.

But there's a mystery at Thornfield, and Jane's much-envied relationship with Nico is soon tested by an agonizing secret from his past. Torn between her feelings for Nico and his fateful secret, Jane must decide: Does being true to herself mean giving up on true love?

An irresistible romance interwoven with a darkly engrossing mystery, this contemporary retelling of the beloved classic Jane Eyre promises to enchant a new generation of readers.


Review
First, I want to thank Debdatta from BooK ReviewS so, so, so much for sharing her copy of this with me! I really can't get through classics at all, and I'm so happy that she was willing to share this copy because this book actually sounded interesting, and I've never read Jane Eyre before, so this seemed like a good time. I don't know how actually accurate this book is to the real thing, but I think it got the main idea quite nicely, considering Jane Eyre is a love story and all that.

In the beginning, I thought it went really slow since Nico hadn't actually showed up at Thornfield Park until a lot later, and until then, Jane was just toting around Nico's kid, doing her job. But then he came, and I think things started to pick up a little more. It was a while, I think, until the real romance came into play, and that's when I really started liking it.

The writing in this book sort of felt like we were still in old times, and I kept thinking that we were where Jane Eyre was taking place. It slowly fizzled out, though, and I was really happy with the end, despite the little twist that was thrown in near the end. I really did not like it, but every good love story needs a twist, right?

Jane was a really independent character in this book. Not only did she stay strong when everything came crashing down on her, she also was really independent and didn't require help from those around her, not that often. She always held her head up high and never let anybody get the best of her. I really admired that about her and I think that's what really made the deal for me.

2 comments :

  1. I have Jane, but haven't been able to read it yet. I will though because I love the classic.

    Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Review Eileen!

    The plot is pretty much the same as the original only keeping up with times, the 'hero' here is a Rockstar...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for deciding to comment! I'll definitely remember to stop by your lovely blog later.

I do not accept awards or tags. Unfortunately, I don't have the time to pass them on as they rightfully deserve but thank you so much for considering my blog.

Anonymous comments or comments done by anybody without some type of account accepted on Blogger interfaces will not be allowed. This is to prevent the amount of spam I've been receiving recently. Sorry for the inconvenience!