Thursday, March 15, 2012

Follow Friday (19)


RULES
  • To join the fun and make new book blogger friends, just follow these simple rules:
  • (Required) Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Hosts {Parajunkee and Alison Can Read}
  • (Required) Follow our Featured Bloggers
  • Put your Blog name and URL in the Linky thing. You can also grab the code if you would like to insert it into your posts.
  • Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say “hi” in your comments and that they are now following you.
  • Follow Follow Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don’t just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don’t say “HI”
  • If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love…and the followers.
If you’re new to the follow friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!

Question:
What is the best book you've read in the last month? What is the worst book you've read in the last month?

Answer:
Hmm...in the last month, including this month, I have read a few really good books, which were Touch of Frost by Jennifer Estep, Kiss of Frost by Jennifer Estep, and Legend by Marie Lu.


These books really made an impact on me when I read them because the writing was great, the covers are actually really pretty, and the romance was awesome. I'm in love with both Logan and Day at this moment. I read a lot of books, and I mean a lot, so these books are the ones that I like the most from February 15th to March 15th. Other ones that I really liked from past months that I can't stop thinking about are: Hallowed by Cynthia Hand, Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi, Fracture by Megan Miranda, and a few others that I really liked and can't wait for the sequel.

The worst book I read this month wasn't all that bad and I actually like it, but I found it a little distracting because the main character, Lo, had OCD and it was really distracting and hard to process with the constant interruptions of OCD. In fact, I did reviews for three of the four books that I've mentioned, which can be found below. And that "tap tap tap, banana" is more than just a little distracting.


So tell me what you think of these books that I chose! And if you follow me via GFC or Linky, then I'll follow back via GFC or Linky!

Recap of This Week
Book Review: The False Prince by Jennifer A. Nielson
Book Review: Graceling by Kristin Cashore
Song Review: Mean by Taylor Swift
Book Review: The Butterfly Clues by Kate Ellison
Special Post: The Tuney Tournament
Book Review: Touch of Frost by Jennifer Estep

Upcoming Tours
Portal by Imogen Rose: April 11, Interview
A Bite's Tale by Veronica Blade: Aril 12, Interview
Beckoning Light and Perilous Light by Alyssa Rose Ivy: May 16, Excerpt

Upcoming Reviews
Cinder by Marissa Meyer
Kiss of Frost by Jennifer Estep
Portal by Imogen Rose
Beckoning Light by Alyssa Rose Ivy

Reminders
Don't forget to vote and nominate songs for my Tuney Tournament, and if you want to represent a song, go there too! I just started it, and I need help for participation and spreading the word! Thanks so much!

26 comments :

  1. Hi happy FF:)
    I have just finished last month reading Dark Frost due out in Msy, and I think Jennifer Estep does a great job with those books! Unfamiliar with the other two..:)
    I'm a new GFC & Linky follower btw

    My FF: http://MissVainsParanormalFantasy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you've read some good books. I'm following you ;).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopping through. I really want to read the Mythos Academy series. I've heard great things about it.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad to hear you like the Frost series! I just bought the first one on my Nook, even though I know next to nothing about it lol.

    My FF
    New Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there :) just hopping through...

    I've heard great things about those books, I haven't yet read them though!

    Here is my choice...

    Feature & Follow

    ReplyDelete
  6. Someone else had Legend too. I'm going to have to check it out! Hope you have a happy friday :)

    Here's my FF!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your least favorite read of the month actually sounds like something I might enjoy!

    Please come over and say hello... http://wp.me/p1AyqL-qs

    (new follower)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy follow friday! I really need to move Legend up on my TBR pile. =)

    New follower!

    Jennifer @ A Librarian's Library

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you've been reading a bunch of books that are full of AWESOME!

    New follower

    J.R. After Dark & J.R.'s Bookcase

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved Legend! Such a great read, although I was a little put off by a couple of things. But it was awesome nonetheless!

    Books of Amber

    ReplyDelete
  11. :) Am back again!!

    Haven't read any of them!


    I am hosting my first Giveaway. I would love it if you could drop by:
    http://b00kr3vi3ws.blogspot.in/2012/03/lionels-grand-adventure-book-review.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't wait to read the Mythos Academy series .. It sounds amazing !! I read Legend last month but didn't enjoy it that much .. :( !!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great picks! I loved all your best choices, especially the Mythos Academy series. I haven't read the other one, but I think I might skip it. Have a great weekend!

    New Follower! :)

    Here's mine:

    http://amylunderman.blogspot.com/2012/03/feature-follow-friday-19.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay!!! I totally loved Legend!!! I just reviewed it yesterday! Woop!!! :-) Great choices. -Burgandy Ice

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, hopping by. new linky follower.I still have not gotten to legend.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The only book I've heard of is The Legend.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/03/feature-follow_16.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey I'm a new follower! It nice to meet you! I haven't read any of those books and will definitely have to check them out!

    http://hardcoverlife.blogspot.com/2012/03/feature-and-follow-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've also recently read Legend, too! I have a review on my site

    http://juliababyjenreadingroom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. New follower! The book I've read that you mentioned was Legend! It was great! Feel free to check out my F&F here.

    Rumana @ Relook the Book

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have to read Legend and the Mythos Academy series. Too bad The Butterfly Clues didn't live up to expectations, the cover is just too dang nice!

    My #FF
    Emerald City eBook Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  21. It does sound like the OCD would get frustrating. I guess that's the point, but still, it'd not make for a fun read.

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/03/q-what-is-best-book-youve-read-in-last.html

    ReplyDelete
  22. you"re right, nice pick, I love the Jennifer Estep series as well.

    old follower

    here is mine

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fantastic site!

    Following via GFC.

    http://ajarndtbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Touch of frost is by my bed waiting to be read now I'm encouraged to read the series. Good answer, click on my name to see my choice.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Actually I've read a couple books where characters had OCD and always enjoy it. Maybe I'm odd but a little bit of mental illness intrigues me in a character.

    Old follower via google reader.

    My follow friday

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm about to check out your reviews for "Touch of Frost" and "Kiss of Frost." They're already on my NOOK and I really need to get on the ball about reading them :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for deciding to comment! I'll definitely remember to stop by your lovely blog later.

I do not accept awards or tags. Unfortunately, I don't have the time to pass them on as they rightfully deserve but thank you so much for considering my blog.

Anonymous comments or comments done by anybody without some type of account accepted on Blogger interfaces will not be allowed. This is to prevent the amount of spam I've been receiving recently. Sorry for the inconvenience!