Saturday, January 7, 2012

Wake by Lisa McMann


Author: Lisa McMann
Publishing Company: Simon Pulse
Pages: 210
Audience: Young Adule
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Rating: 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5, 3, 3.5, 4, 4.5, 5

Summary
For seventeen-year-old Janie, getting sucked into other people's dreams is getting old. Especially the falling dreams, the naked-but-nobody-notices dreams, and the sex-crazed dreams. Janie's seen enough fantasy booty to last her a lifetime.
She can't tell anybody about what she does they'd never believe her, or worse, they'd think she's a freak. So Janie lives on the fringe, cursed with an ability she doesn't want and can’t control.
Then she falls into a gruesome nightmare, one that chills her to the bone. For the first time, Janie is more than a witness to someone else's twisted psyche. She is a participant.

Review
I really, really, really, really, truly, truly, truly, truly, truly, definitely loved this book. Every last thing. My only complaint was the cover wasn't as pretty as I would've liked it, but it still captured every thing about the book: dreaming and Janie going into these dreams involuntarily. And I wish the book was longer. I definitely want to read the next book now.

This book is a little inappropriate, with a lot of uses of the "f" word. And from the summary, there's lots of...you know...stuff. You know what I mean. I loved the romance that Janie had with Cabel, and it was really tragic, because Janie thought that Cabel was a total player, when really he was trying to protect Janie.

Cabel is the only person who knows about Janie's...gift. And Janie feels that he's the only person that Janie can talk to truthfully, and then he blows her off on this date, and Janie's dreams are shattered. So most of the book (which isn't a lot) Cabel protects Janie without her knowing it, but Janie avoids Cabel, even though he loves her and she does, too. She just doesn't know it.

The ending was satisfactory, with Cabel and Janie finding each other again. They are definitely in love, and I got that fluttery feeling in my stomach whenever something romantic enough. That means that the romance has to be seriously well-written, which it definitely was. Thanks, Anna (my school friend) for recommending this series to me! And now that I've recommended it to you, go and read it yourselves!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for deciding to comment! I'll definitely remember to stop by your lovely blog later.

I do not accept awards or tags. Unfortunately, I don't have the time to pass them on as they rightfully deserve but thank you so much for considering my blog.

Anonymous comments or comments done by anybody without some type of account accepted on Blogger interfaces will not be allowed. This is to prevent the amount of spam I've been receiving recently. Sorry for the inconvenience!