Thursday, January 12, 2012

Follow Friday (10)




RULES

  1. To join the fun and make new book blogger friends, just follow these simple rules:
  2. (Required) Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Hosts {Parajunkee and Alison Can Read}
  3. (Required) Follow our Featured Bloggers
  4. Put your Blog name and URL in the Linky thing. You can also grab the code if you would like to insert it into your posts.
  5. Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say “hi” in your comments and that they are now following you.
  6. Follow Follow Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don’t just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don’t say “HI”
  7. If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love…and the followers.
If you’re new to the follow friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!

Question:
Many readers/bloggers are also big music fans. Tell us about a few of your favorite bands/singers that we should listen to in 2012.
Answer:

Yes! A question that lets me embrace my music, song side. This blog isn't called ***SINGING and Reading in the Rain*** for nothing! So personally, I think you all should listen to TAYLOR SWIFT. Her songs are so down to earth and so personal and so relatable that you can't help but love them. And she's so young but she already is at the peak of her career and is sure to stay there for a long time. I want to be maybe half as successful as she is right now, and right now, I'm writing songs and covering her songs. So..... this is one of my cover videos:

I know that there isn't any picture and it's just black and my voice is really high and I messed up a few times, but it's my first one and I think I did okay. Also, this is Taylor Swift's new single, Safe and Sound. This is the first song in the soundtrack for the Hunger Games, so that makes it even MORE appropriate!

And also, I want to post a tidbit of a song that I've been working on for a bit. This song's called "Belong" and I wrote it when I was feeling out of place in my life and that I was this weird girl that no one really liked. Frankly, though, I still feel a little like that.

Can't you see that this is
one of the reasons that I dont
like to express myself with you around.
Because you'll take pity on me
but everyone just doesn't see
that this really matters to me...

This is supposed to be a slow ballad-type song, but tell me what you think! This is something that's been collecting dust in my blog archives and in my songbook for quite a while now. I think I need to revisit it sometime soon! Sorry for the super-long post, this is just a subject that I'm as enthusiastic about as reading and I seriously want to thank whoever came up with this question! Tell me what you think of my video and that tidbit of lyrics! Don't be afraid to tell me it's horrible, just tell me why so I can improve! Thanks a bunch!!

***IMPORTANT: Many book bloggers in the world tell the world their age and their birthday and where they live, etc. Well, in my life, I was raised to be very aware of my surroundings and to value my privacy. I've been taking every one of those lessons into deep consideration, but lately, I've been rethinking those decisions. I think it's time I came clean to all you out there: When I created this blog, I said I was a teen, in high school, yada yada. In complete honest truth, I am none of those things. I'm in middle school. I'm not even thirteen yet. But I'm getting to the teenage years. To value my privacy, to avoid those super-stalkers to come after me, I did this, but I'm coming clean and that is THAT. Bye! :)

23 comments :

  1. I can't wait to see the Hunger Games... looks like it will have an awesome sound track with Taylor Swift kicking off!

    Check out my FF @ Wow, that's an awesome list. I haven't heard of most of them!

    Check out my FF @ http://australianbookshelf.wordpress.com/2012/01/13/feature-follow-friday-23/

    Jayne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Taylor Swift is definitely an awesome artist and I can't wait for the full soundtrack if Taylor Swift was the first artist on it. (And The Civil Wars, too!)

      Delete
  2. LOL wow, it looks like you went above and beyond! Happy Friday! My FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! This is a topic that I'm more passionate about than reading and I love a good gush opp!

      Delete
  3. Hopping through. I love Taylor Swift. Mine favorites are Mine, You Belong to Me, and Love Story.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love those songs, too! My favorites by her so far are Safe and Sound, Enchanted, and Ours! I think Taylor should make a "Yours" so she'll have Mine, Ours, and Yours!

      Delete
  4. I am so addicted to Safe and Sound I put it on loop the entire day :P

    Old follower stopping by:)

    Natasha @ Dreamland Teenage Fantasy: My FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As soon as I found it, I didn't find that I appreciated it that much, but then I listened to it a couple more times and I got so addicted to it!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. I just followed your blog back! I'm your thirteenth follower...on Friday the 13th! Taylor Swift would've been proud. (13 is her lucky number)

      Delete
  6. Happy Friday! New follower passing through. :)

    Caught in the Pages

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I followed you back! Thanks for following me!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Do you mean Safe and Sound by Taylor Swift or that one that I posted that's part of my song, "Belong"? If it's the former, then it IS a really pretty song! If it's my song, then thanks so much! :)

      Delete
  8. Hi - New Follower for Follow Friday - I love your blog design!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I'm an old follower of yours already, but I stopped by! Thanks, I love your blog design, too!

      Delete
  9. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Returning the follow! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry about it! Thanks for following me, though! I'm trying to respond to everybody's post but it's growing tedious since I have to switch from Google Chrome to Firefox in order to reply to every post! :)

      Delete
  10. Happy #FF! New follower have a great weekend~

    http://www.lovetoreadromance.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a bunch for following me! Have a great weekend, too! I followed you back, by the way!

      Delete
  11. Have a happy Friday!,just blogging by.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/01/follow-friday_13.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have a happy Friday, too! Thanks for stopping by my blog! LOL, it's your 13th Follow Friday on Friday the 13th! I should be your thirteenth comment! Excuse me...

      Delete
  12. I used to have a major obsession with Taylor Swift ^^ me and my friends rewrote You Belong With Me quite a few times ^^'

    new follower


    My FF: http://projectreadandreview.blogspot.com/2012/01/follow-friday-2.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for deciding to comment! I'll definitely remember to stop by your lovely blog later.

I do not accept awards or tags. Unfortunately, I don't have the time to pass them on as they rightfully deserve but thank you so much for considering my blog.

Anonymous comments or comments done by anybody without some type of account accepted on Blogger interfaces will not be allowed. This is to prevent the amount of spam I've been receiving recently. Sorry for the inconvenience!