Saturday, November 26, 2011

The Iron King by Julie Kagawa





Author: Julie Kagawa
Publishing Company: Harlequin Teen
Pages: 368
Rating: 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5, 3, 3.5, 4, 4.5, 5

Summary (from amazon.com)
Meghan Chase has a secret destiny—one she could never have imagined…

Something has always felt slightly off in Meghan's life, ever since her father disappeared before her eyes when she was six. She has never quite fit in at school…or at home.

When a dark stranger begins watching her from afar, and her prankster best friend becomes strangely protective of her, Meghan senses that everything she's known is about to change.

But she could never have guessed the truth—that she is the daughter of a mythical faery king and is a pawn in a deadly war. Now Meghan will learn just how far she'll go to save someone she cares about, to stop a mysterious evil no faery creature dare face…and to find love with a young prince who might rather see her dead than let her touch his icy heart.


Review
Wow. It's my fifth time reading it now, and I'm just as blown away as I was the first! Julie Kagawa's world, this intricate and elaborate fey world she's created, is just absolutely amazing! I could re-read the passages on the Nevernever all day! 

The cover is just beautiful. I love the vines, and the font, and the model is exactly what I envisioned Meghan to be. When I read this for the first time, I remember envisioning Ash as a blond prince. But now I laugh at myself for thinking he had blond hair. I can't even begin to contemplate Ash without his raven black hair, after I've read the books so many times!

This idea... is awesome! I love how there's the Iron Fey. I could have never though of it! So good job! I think that the Iron Fey are something ingenious and only someone as awesome as Julie Kagawa could have thought up and carried through so well. I really like when a book has a twist in a classic tale, so we're not plighted with boring tale after boring tale.

The romance in this book was swoon-worthy. I love how Ash is this guarded person and Meghan sort of gets to him and opens him up and falls in love with him at the same time. I really am a sap for good love stories, and this was definitely one of the good love stories. It was packed with romance, and action and adventure, all at the same time. Definitely hard to pull off but great!

The action in here was so awesome, and none of it was too slow for me! I thought every part was fast and filled with action! I can't find anything wrong with this book, because the world is just so vivid, the characters developed very well, and the concept is just so ingenious I can't even BEGIN to describe it! I recommend you go and read this book now if you haven't already, because it truly did deserve a five out of five!

1 comment :

Thanks so much for deciding to comment! I'll definitely remember to stop by your lovely blog later.

I do not accept awards or tags. Unfortunately, I don't have the time to pass them on as they rightfully deserve but thank you so much for considering my blog.

Anonymous comments or comments done by anybody without some type of account accepted on Blogger interfaces will not be allowed. This is to prevent the amount of spam I've been receiving recently. Sorry for the inconvenience!