Friday, November 11, 2011

City of Glass by Cassandra Clare

I'm doing this as fast as I can, because I'm super behind (I read like three books yesterday). So I will do these reviews as fast and as good as I can. Please excuse me for the mistakes!



Author: Cassandra Clare
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Other Books in the Series: City of Bones (Book 1), City of Ashes (2), City of Fallen Angels (4), City of Lost Souls (5), and City of Heavenly Fire (6)
Book in the Series: Book 3
Rating: Five
Pages: 541
Summary
To save her mother's life, Clary must travel to the City of Glass, the ancestral home of the Shadowhunters — never mind that entering the city without permission is against the Law, and breaking the Law could mean death. To make things worse, she learns that Jace does not want her there, and her best friend, Simon, has been thrown in prison by the Shadowhunters, who are deeply suspicious of a vampire who can withstand sunlight.

As Clary uncovers more about her family's past, she finds an ally in mysterious Shadowhunter Sebastian. With Valentine mustering the full force of his power to destroy all Shadowhunters forever, their only chance to defeat him is to fight alongside their eternal enemies. But can Downworlders and Shadowhunters put aside their hatred to work together? While Jace realizes exactly how much he's willing to risk for Clary, can she harness her newfound powers to help save the Glass City — whatever the cost?

Love is a mortal sin and the secrets of the past prove deadly as Clary and Jace face down Valentine in the final installment of the New York Times bestselling The Mortal Instruments.

Blurb
"I'll miss you, too," Clary said, although her skin was pricking all over with a nervous anticipation that made it hard to concentrate. I'm going to Idris! her mind sang silently. I'll see the Shadowhunter home country, the City of Glass. I'll save my mother.

And I'll be with Jace.

Review
(Warning: if you have not read the first two books, this may be a little spoilery.)

First of all, The cover's awesome, as usual. I love the skyline, the character model (He's either Sebastian or Simon), the art, everything. There's even a sticker saying that there's a bonus chapter inside, which is cool, however crazy that may sound.

Clary and Jace really grow up in this series. In fact, every character does. Clary gets so much stronger, and you can really tell. Jace gets softer and kinder, which you can also tell, although it may not be as dramatic. Simon changes, getting stronger, since he's a vampire. All of Cassandra's characters evolve, which I love.

This ending was... wow. It tied up all the loose ends, I was extremely happy with the finale, and I'm even more happy that there are another three books coming out. Even though they're siblings, their bond runs a lot deeper than that. In the last book, Jace told Clary that he would be just his brother, even though Clary was going to say that she had feelings for him. In the third book, Jace says again that he wants to be her brother, even though it kills him inside. Jace has really strong feelings for Clary, who also has the same feelings for Jace, but they can't admit it. In the end, though, Cassie gave me an ending I was happy with, even though I will not say how happy I was or how she ended the book. Read this series yourself, and I promise, you will not be disappointed.

1 comment :

  1. this is my favorite naturally because this is where all the action is! Excited for the movie too! Jamie Bower isn't really my pick by accdg to Clare his audition was awesome and him and Lily Collins ARE Clary and Jace in the flesh!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for deciding to comment! I'll definitely remember to stop by your lovely blog later.

I do not accept awards or tags. Unfortunately, I don't have the time to pass them on as they rightfully deserve but thank you so much for considering my blog.

Anonymous comments or comments done by anybody without some type of account accepted on Blogger interfaces will not be allowed. This is to prevent the amount of spam I've been receiving recently. Sorry for the inconvenience!